There are times when I’m wearing something casual and I want to spice it up and add something to the look that makes it unique. Skinny scarves are the way to go! Scarves are so versatile, you can wear them on your neck or as hair accessories. They come in all the colors, patterns, and prints you can think of and they are very light so you can wear them in the summer too! One of my biggest style icons is Audrey Hepburn so this is my go to accessory.
(You can shop my outfit + scarves at the end of this post)
- For this first look, I put the scarf on as you regularly would with the two strands in the front, but I made a knot. I especially love the way this style looks with a button up blouse.
2. Here, I just tied the scarf in the back, to give the illusion of a thick choker. I love the detail of the scarf strands hanging from the back. This look is also really cute with a button up or an off-the-shoulder top (a plus if you drive a convertible).
3. Now we are going into the 70’s (retro is so in right now). I used the scarf as a headband by tying it at the nape. This look gives me Daphne from Scooby-Doo vibes and I’m all for it!
4. If you don’t like to use heat in your hair, this style is perfect for you. Sometimes I don’t have a lot of time to get ready in the morning so I’ll braid my hair and tie it with a hair tie as usual and then I tie a bow with a scarf. This is a look I don’t see used as often, and it’s really fun so be ready to turn some heads.
5. Now that we are on the topic of bows, here’s another way you can add a fun bow to your hair. I did a half-up hairstyle with a hair tie and tied the scarf into a bow around the hair tie. This is what I call “business in the front and party in the back.”
6. For this last style, I tied the scarf as you normally would for a headband look, but I tied a bow on top of my head. This look is a lifesaver if you have not washed your hair in a few days (it’s okay, there’s no shame…we all do it). You can tone this look down by using a dark colored scarf.
Shop the look from this post here.