If there is one makeup product that I could not live without it would be mascara. I am very picky when it comes to my eyelashes so you can imagine how many brands I’ve tried in order to find the best mascaras of all time. From expensive high-end brands to cheap drugstore brands, and let me tell you price is not an indicator of how well the product works. These are my top 3 mascaras and I have listed the pros and cons for each one. (They are listed from the oldest I’ve used to the newest)
L’OREAL Voluminous Lash Paradise (Price: $7.39)
This is the mascara that I used for the longest time out of all of them. It adds more length than volume so this could either be a pro or con depending on what you want.
- You only need about one coat of mascara which makes it super fast and easy to apply.
- It really separates your lashes and visibly elongates them
- Easy to remove
- Overall a great mascara!
- As of lately, it seems that the tube dries faster than normal. This could be do to the weather change because the colder weather could be making the liquid formula more of a solid.
- Tube does not last for a long time
L’OREAL Voluminous Original (Price: $5.84)
I got this one after seeing that Lash Paradise was not lasting as long as much as before. I think both of them have quite similar results, but this one requires more than one coat.
- Wand makes it easy to apply
- Lashes appear longer
- Easy to remove
- Need multiple coats to get my desired look
- Lashes look longer with Lash Paradise
Maybelline Lash Sensational (Price: $6.94)
This is the latest one I’ve been using which I’m obsessed with! I think for now it might be my favorite from the 3.
- One coat is enough
- Lashes look longer and fuller
- My eyelashes look almost fake!
- Can be difficult to remove (but I think it’s worth it)
- Application process can be tricky. If you brush over the same lashes a few times your lashes can clump together, but after the first few tries you’ll get better at applying it 🙂
FYI: When I buy mascaras, I always get the waterproof ones and I use coconut oil to remove my makeup. If you use different makeup removers then the removal process might be different for you. Although, all these mascaras have “cons,” they are the best mascaras I’ve used yet. If you are going to try just one of these I would go for the Maybelline Lash Sensational.
You can buy them here:
If you try any of these let me know how you liked them in the comments! Also, if you’re interested in knowing what coconut oil I use to remove my makeup check out my skincare post here.